Friday, December 4, 2009

Number of insurance complaints, by company

Our office received an email last night from a woman looking to change auto insurers, but wanting to make sure she made a wise choice. Here's what she said:
How can I get information to rate auto insurance companies? I want to change companies and I think looking at the premiums only is not a thorough way to research where I want to change my auto insurance. Is there a page that shows percent of complaints or any other information that would be useful. Many thanks.
I emailed her back, steering her to our online "complaint comparison tool" that allows consumers to easily compare complaint ratios for auto (or other kinds of) insurance. One caveat: the numbers can be skewed for companies with only a very small number of policies, which is why we also list the market share of each.

Take a look.